AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Baler Fires Hank, in OR
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JoshA
Posted 10/5/2008 13:12 (#475327 - in reply to #475096)
Subject: RE: Baler Fires Hank, in OR

Alberta, Canada
You got them to actually come out? Man, all I got was a phone call! LOL

I like having it, but that light doesn't really do a whole lot anyhow, it's in a bad spot. Does it move? I haven't bothered seeing if I could adjust since, as they said, tractor lights are mostly ok. All the baler light really does is minimize shadows.

I've only put around 1,200 bales on mine (it didn't show up until September), but I've had several issues, one of them being major.

For the first few hundred bales, I hated it. It was performing about 50% poorer than my 4790!

I'd had stuffer shear-bolts breaking every 50 bales, but my dealer sluffed it off from being silage, and to NOT TOUCH the baler. By 350 bales my stuffer was in-operational. The baler timing was off, the stuffer sprocket was off by a full quarter turn! It would stuff while the plunger was rearward. With no material, it would bang, and smash into the top of it's cycle, and with material, it would break a shear bolt. Dealer finally took it seriously, but told me they'd come in 3 days. This was unacceptable(I was in the middle of silage), and they dared me to re-time it, since it would void warranty. Words with the manage got a service tech out at 8.30am the next morning. After that, it's been great. Hit 84 bales an hour (8-foot bales) in straw one time.

Some parts and pieces from the fly-wheel cover latch fell out so the handle doesn't work, and one of the cords for the accumulator has a broken plug-in, so it's been electrical-taped up since delivery.

Other than that, my tractor (7830 Deere) times out the lights for the baler after a couple minutes when the switch is in the service position (knotters/needles/ladder). Tractor issue I'm assuming more than the baler. I agree with Hank on the twine boxes, and the ejector. And the PTO must be running to relieve pressure. The ejector really urks me, but I have a theory on why they did it.

Are you the guy with the 16k Bale Runner?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)