AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Baler Fires Hank, in OR
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

WesterOne
Posted 10/5/2008 21:43 (#475578 - in reply to #475327)
Subject: RE: Baler Fires Hank, in OR

Canmore Ab. Canada
They actually called me and asked to come out... or rather the dealer, Hanlon Ag in Lethbridge, brought them out. I think they said Hanlon sold 30 balers last year. Nice guys, both the Hesston guys and Hanlon is great. If we call they have a man here in 2 hours and they are 1 1/2 hours away.

Mine has about 8000 bales on it and the original factory shear pins are still in the flywheel and stuffer. My 1992 4900 still has the factory shear pin in the stuffer!!!

Yeh Josh, 16k, that would be me. The 16k works well. We had to get it plumbed directly into the power beyond on the 7430. We knew we would have to do that. With the IVT it works great. You can slow or stop when picking and then go straight to 40 kph by stepping on the accelerator. I can keep up to the baler if the guys give me a chance to drive it but the young guys could keep up to two balers. Probably the wagon but also the tractor.

Sorry you had so many problems with yours. 84 bales per hour... sounds like you are only running about 30 strokes... pretty hot... We try to keep in the 38 strokes per bale range for both weight and less string breakage. Take care... Dan...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)