AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Machinery Deal?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 6/26/2008 21:15 (#405163 - in reply to #404208)
Subject: Re: Machinery Deal?

I refrained from offering my opinion yesterday seeing as how we hadn't heard the other side - and I was correct in thinking the seller would eventually either show up or be exposed and forced to state his side.

Having said that, and reading both sides' stories, I'd say BOTH are at fault.

Mick clearly doesn't have his act together. Gary apparently told him he would schedule a delivery to coincide with fieldwork near Mick's area but Mick couldn't unload the thing at that time. If I were in Mick's position, and I got a call that my cultivator would be delivered on such and such date, I WOULD make plans somehow to unload the thing! Especially since Gary was willing to travel out of his way to make such delivery.

Now Gary, on the other hand, made the mistake of not making sure all the parts went with it. Easy enough to do with something he probably hadn't taken a look at in awhile, but still a mistake on his part.

I'd say a compromise would need to be made here and it appears Gary was willing to do his part but Mick is being a stuck-in-the-mud.

Mick - rent, borrow, or steal a pickup and meet Gary at US-10 and M-66 and get your parts. You weren't ready when he was ready to deliver like you agreed to when you struck the deal so do your part to finish this.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)