AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fertilizer Companies are Screwing the FARMERS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Bill Moyer
Posted 10/29/2007 22:11 (#228842 - in reply to #228811)
Subject: RE: Fertilizer Companies are Screwing...Bill, a question

Coldwater, Michigan
Good point Gary. We often forget that several of the fertilizer products are actually Industrial use products also. I don't have a clue where China uses the fertilizer, but have read the statements as to the usage in Investment letters about 3 times recently from different sources. I have no way of refuting their statements, or the ability to confirm it otherwise.

As to Gary's statements on industrial usages, I personally know that there are many uses for Nitrogen , other than for fertilizer. Most of the plastic pop bottles come from a product called "Acrylo-Nitral" (spelling probably screwed). Many of the non cotton socks and shirts come from the same type of base material. Where do you think the term "nitral" comes from? Nitrogen! Urea also used as de-Icer. Phosphorous to quench car bodies and other metal products. Food such as soda pop, and others. Many other uses. Potash for salt substitue, and any slough of other products.

Hey, I don't know everything, but this is a sampling of some of what I do know. Doesn't mean we have to like it! Are we going to sit here and bitch? Or do something about it? If do something, then what are we going to do? That would be productive, ........ maybe!

What if it is all a lie to justify raising the prices?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)