AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fertilizer Companies are Screwing the FARMERS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 10/29/2007 20:28 (#228755 - in reply to #227966)
Subject: RE: Fertilizer Companies are Screwing...Bill, a question

Chebanse, IL.....

I think I've heard now for the past 2 yrs that much of the fertilizer is being sent to China. Everyone says "the Chinese are coming on strong & need fertilizer....they (?) are willing to pay a lot more for the product than US farmers....". However, locals I know that have visited China in the past couple of yrs say the farms are still basically the size of big gardens here in US & the Chinese farmers are dirt poor. The fields may actually be of a bigger size (still not big), but every farmer has a few sq ft within that field. He said it was amazing they knew exactly where their portion was, though it was undivided & all looked the same to the US farmer/businessman.

So-how MUCH fertilizer can they be using? Where? Applied how? Purchased by whom and with what? I guarantee you that farmers here that are being squeezed usually forgo fertilizer first. So-how are the Orientals paying more than us? Do they just have one big govt farm or what?

If that's our competition, then we need to have our US Govt purchase the fertilizer & sell it back to US farmers. Make it like the butter/cheese program of a few yrs back.

Thanks

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)