AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Building house or remodel questions?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

BIGASH Farms
Posted 1/31/2011 23:41 (#1584794 - in reply to #1584744)
Subject: Re: Building house or remodel questions?

MN
I have put a lot of thought into this as well, as my wife and I will be running into the same issue in the next few years. Here's a few of the things that I have had going through my head. I think it would be neat and nostalgic to remodel an old house, but I don't think it would really be economical. With a new house you get much better insulation, brand new wiring and plumbing, designed how you want it, and many other options that you can specifically choose. Sure, you can completely gut the old house and such, but then you still have an old house. I think that once the roof starts going bad on ours, it may be time for a new house. Granted, I would be able to do most of the work myself, I don't know if you would have to have it all done via contractor or what, but you could play General Contractor if you have an idea of what your doing and want to save some money. I personally wouldn't hassle with moving an older house either, I think you would run into a lot of things that you may not see ahead of time, although it obviously has been done successfully. I am curious to see other people opinions on this.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)