AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

pickle regarding adoption
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

mnfarmboy
Posted 12/13/2010 10:54 (#1483454 - in reply to #1482055)
Subject: Re: pickle regarding adoption

W.C. MN
The birth mom in this case went through Catholic Charities. Seemed like good case workers, although birth mom didn't particularly like her caseworker. I think in the end she did try to tell birth mom to not break up the adoptive family, but to no avail.
After going through this as 3rd party family.... other than wishing I would've sought out help like this asap.... I'm wondering what my wife and I would do if we were going to be adoptive parents. In this situation the adoptive parents were VERY open to contact with birth mom. They were there for delivery, adoptive dad even cut the cord, and brought baby into birth mom's room often over the couple days stay. Looking back I am thinking if we were to be in their shoes in the future, I am not sure if I'd want much contact with birthmom at least until all the forms were final. Anyone think this played a part in 'our' birth mom changing her mind? Like I said to my wife and birthmom the first night she told us she was reconsidering...'what is it with young women (moms) and babies?!' haha... Not sure if I'd have the same connection.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)