AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What's "normal"?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

ahaygal
Posted 8/9/2010 22:28 (#1308344 - in reply to #1300060)
Subject: Re: What's "normal"?

Saronville, NE
Yes, yes, yes!! We heard Dr. Hanson speak at one of our Farm Bureau Young Farmers & Ranchers conferences 2 yrs. ago...LOTS of great information and he had me laughing so hard I cried. The situation you describe is very difficult, but you received a ton of great advice here already. I am facing the same discussion about succession planning with my farm family who reside in NW Iowa...I moved to SE Nebraska in 2007 and I thought I'd always be back home helping with the family farm. I was not looking forward to the upcoming discussions, but I went to a co-op meeting for women with my MIL last week on "women and marketing" where they touched on many topics, including the importance of succession planning and some of the considerations. After I've been thinking on it, and after my husband and I have talked about things over the course of the last week or so, I can now say that I am looking forward to having this discussion with my parents and siblings, and I am hopeful that we can all get on the same page planning for ALL of our futures. I am impressed that you joined a family with all of this going on, and don't sell short the contributions you are making by working off the farm. Be proud of the contributions you are making! I am learning more about farm accounting and how valuable it is to have the books in order to really examine if what we are doing is working. I am told that the Women In Ag Convention also has many wonderful speakers, and I hope to attend this conference next winter. If you find any other valuable resources, please pass them on this way! Good luck and keep in touch about how things progress for you and your family!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)