AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What's "normal"?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

hinfarm
Posted 7/29/2010 23:31 (#1293536 - in reply to #1293059)
Subject: Re: What's "normal"?

Amherst WI
Like others said we are only gettting one side of the story, but from what I can tell your husband needs to grow a set and stand up to his parents. It was not his fault ( I am assuming) that his parents are owned by the bank and it should not be up to him to get them out of the problems they caused. He also shouldn't be screwing you over by working for charity while you pay the bills with your job. and just get by. And when you are working for nothing and physically can't help your MIL is being a ***** for snarling at you for not helping when you have nothing to do with the farm. From what you are telling us too it sounds like your husband is the keystone to their farm still operating, he may have a better hand of cards to play in this game than you think.

I may not be as old or as wise as others on here but I started my farm with noting and did not inherit or take over my families farm (not to take away from those who did). As I talk to others my age that farm with their parents or family in many cases sounds like hell on earth, since "I didn't do it that way" or "that won't work" is often said. Others have a sucession plan that one day the kids will start to be in charge than that date it starts slowly gets pushed back or "we need to keep 10 cows for cash flow". It wasn't easy to start with nothing but it doesn't sound easy working with the older generation either.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)