AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What's "normal"?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 7/31/2010 21:11 (#1295690 - in reply to #1295321)
Subject: RE: What's "normal"?

West Union, Illinois

Illinois Steve - I don't subscribe to the idea that "because we have always done it that way" is good enough.
Ahh ... listen closely students.  What I said was "'Because we have always done it that way' IS a legitimate answer."  I'm not saying it should be continued, just that it is a legitimate answer and not necessarily an attempt to avoid answering a question. When a new generation takes over if they continue to do everything the way the prior generation that is their decision to make. 

However, I also subscribe to the theory one should not remove a fence until one understands why it was put up. "Because we have always done it that way" is a legitimate answer, but at some point in time it had to be done that way for the first time.  It's like the old story about cutting the end off the roast like Grandma did.  Maybe it was just because she didn't have a pan big enough.  There was probably at one time a good reason why something was done the way it is now.  Doesn't mean it is necessarily right OR wrong, just how it has been done in the past.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)