AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dinner time 1950
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

School Of Hard Knock
Posted 3/18/2024 20:58 (#10670782 - in reply to #10669694)
Subject: RE: Dinner time 1950

just a tish NE of central ND
There was nothing skinny about any of my family members by the time they got into their 50's and 60's. But as young parents and grandparents and workers they were all lean mean working machines. It was shameful to be fat.....I've spent a lifetime feeling less than adequate towards their expectations even in my thinner days. But I always was a bit heavier than most even though I look back and realize I wasn't that big back then.
I don't know the answers, I wish I did though.
>>..THE THEN Less fat people were exposed to a different world.... Chasing that Danged %^&*milk cow 2 times a day and trying to get her milk in your bucket burned more calories and time that most would think simply because you started early and ended late every day. Much of that is all but lost.
Then there are Smokes....(many many men did).... it was one of the original "leisure time calorie avoider activities of men." IT took up time for cravings for fattening foods. ......>>>> they drank water and coffee instead of sugared drinks...>>>>They did real, but physical work to get food, clothes, shelter and transportation and make a living. >>>>>They did Interacting and physical involvement instead of screen time. and also knew what waiting to get to town once a week to get a couple sweetened treats instead of having them every meal as part of your meal every day.....

Clue me in here..... Are there any overweight in the Amish and Mennonite groups that still live like people did 75 years ago? Does their lifestyle still seem to keep them neat and trim? Perhaps we could learn something from them.
>>>>xxxxxxxxx
>>>>>>>Back in the day people got EXERCISE and BURNED OFF SOME CALORIES just getting up and getting dressed up in the ??cold.....and going outside to>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> USE THE OUTHOUSE! <<<<<<<<<<<<< THEY Took out the ashes and grabbed some firewood and coal on the way back in....That was probably more exercise that a lot of kids and people get today with a whole days' worth of activities!

Edited by School Of Hard Knock 3/20/2024 06:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)