AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dinner time 1950
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

1972RedNeck
Posted 3/18/2024 13:20 (#10670132 - in reply to #10669694)
Subject: RE: Dinner time 1950

Townsend, Montana
hinfarm - 3/18/2024 08:17

What I am trying to correlate is why was a population that ate meat and potatoes and bread with pie for dessert 3x a day skinny compared to now with a population with the majority obese?

Can we blame that on using seed oils in just about everything? Something to do with modern grains? Preservatives in everything? Pesticide contamination?

In my opinion, that is formed by my personal experience, it is all the preservatives, additives, and seed oil.

I was chasing allergies/asthma a couple years ago and ended up full carnivore, which completely eliminated my breathing problems. Lost 10 pounds of mostly visceral fat and then gained back about 5 pounds in muscle over the course of about 6 months. I am always out and about, but I never "exercise". Since then, I have been slowly adding other foods back in.

I now will eat anything that doesn't have ingredients that I can't make in my own kitchen. I.E. seed oils and all the preservatives and whatnot. And I don't just go by the ingredient list as they don't have to list anything less than 2%. I just assume that anything you buy in the store has some additives in less than 2% quantities unless I can prove otherwise via the internet. A great example is butter. I have only found 3 brands of butter available within 200 miles that are only cream and salt.

I eat a lot of meat and potatoes. Not many vegetables in the winter as I won't buy them from the store and I hate frozen and canned produce. Pig out on garden produce in the summer time. I eat a lot of pop corn slathered in butter and a lot of homemade bread (grind the wheat from my grain bin right in the kitchen) with lots of butter, and occasionally some raw honey from local bee guys. No problem tipping back a couple beers a couple times a week (local brewery - all the name brands have additives). Basically the 1950's diet you reference.

I have not gained any weight or noticeable fat on this diet. I eat a lot (big lunch and dinner), and I eat until I am full. No interest in snacking anymore. I never have hunger "pains" anymore. I can go 24 hours without eating very easily. My allergies are still gone as are my aches and pains. Knees used to get sore working in the shop all day. Never notice them anymore.

Edited by 1972RedNeck 3/18/2024 13:21
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)