AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best way to tear out old buried wovenwire
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Lb94
Posted 1/22/2024 09:55 (#10587477 - in reply to #10587361)
Subject: RE: Best way to tear out old buried wovenwire

West Central Illinois
when they're in paddock 1 this fence would be what's keeping them out of this block of timber otherwise that's pretty much its main use except they'll be using this block of timber to make the full circle rotation around the farm every 2 months but again not much on the other side to make them want it and it's in the interior of the farm so no issues with neighboring cattle.

I do a similar move on a farm i rent where there's a nice 6 acre paddock up front away from the rest of the pasture. They have to go through a 20 acre block of timber but the experienced cows know what's going on. I'll call them up, open the gate to the timber they all get counted going through and i shut it behind them, get on 4 wheeler and go to call them up into the front 6 acres and more often than not some of the cows beat me there by the time i ride to it.

That being said what i'm getting at is this other farm i rent that i do this similar paddock move, the fence in the timber is absolutely horrible over there. I patched it up enough and they don't bother it. They're hardly in that timber to begin with so that's probably why it's not much of an issue, earlier in the spring i might leave them in the timber for a day just to cleanup some leaves and grass on the edges so no more than 24 hrs at at time in there. I'd like to think my cattle are hotwire broke enough a 1 or 2 strand fence hooked up to a 12 joule charger does the trick 99.99% of the time. Heck they spend about 4 months of the year out on crop fields held in by nothing but polywire

Edited by Lb94 1/22/2024 10:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)