AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Re: fake trailer plug post in Machinery
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

flyinfarmer
Posted 6/2/2023 07:39 (#10253478 - in reply to #10253440)
Subject: Re: fake trailer plug post in Machinery

NE Iowa
Couldn't agree more. I had a boss maybe 10 yrs ago, or so, who got a minivan with a backup camera. Non of our vehicles had them at the time. He was lamenting how dependent he had become on it. Just for simple things like backing out of a parking place.

Jump ahead and I get a pickup truck with a backup camera - 2015 RAM with a nice big 'TV' screen. That's pretty sweet. But my 99 F350 farm truck has no such camera. I swear I am in and out of the driver's seat of that farm truck 15 times to get a trailer hooked up. I've become pathetic.

We just bought a Traverse that has adaptative cruise control. At first I hated it (and there are still times that it simply is a bad feature), but more and more on sparsely traveled interstates, I find that it is kind of a nice feature. Still not a fan of lane departure and the auto start/stop.

I guess there is nothing wrong with using tools that are useful (I would hate to give up my cordless tools), but sure seems like some of these things cause my abilities to go in the crapper.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)