AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Housewives - showing appreciation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 1/30/2023 11:30 (#10068315 - in reply to #10068240)
Subject: RE: Housewives - showing appreciation

Good for you Tim, for reaching out and trying to figure things out before they turn sour. I was lucky enough to be a stay at home mom, and just worked part time for a few years when the kids were in school. Then later took over feeding calves for my job. Gosh that was a poor paying job.
I don't think any wife needs to be praised for everything she does. But if there is a meal that she makes that is extra good, let her know. If she has just cleaned the house try to help keep it clean for a few hours anyway. (you hear that Dave?) It can be very frustrating when you work hard to have a clean house and the husband comes in all dirty and just doesn't care. If you have kids, help with them. They are your kids too. Have you ever when walking past your wife just reached over and gave her a hug? Okay, the first time you do that you might be questioned, what did you do, or buy. But gosh that would mean a lot. So often the wives feel like they are an employee, just doing their job, but that hug will make them feel special.
Now when you get to retirement age and you rent out your land and don't have to put in the long hours out in the fields or barn, well the wife won't have to take care of the kids anymore, but she still has to cook and clean and I would say helping out with that is a good idea.
Good luck to you Tim, I can tell you care.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)