AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Housewives - showing appreciation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

oldbones
Posted 1/30/2023 15:25 (#10068732 - in reply to #10068240)
Subject: RE: Housewives - showing appreciation

Floyd County, Iowa
“never feel appreciated”, “nobody notices what I do” “hardest job I’ve ever had”.

If you're hearing this, you are a step ahead of those that didn't listen, and are now having issues. Those are signs, IMO. You've paid attention and caught them in time.

"In our house as the sole breadwinner I do at times find myself probably watching money as if it’s “mine” more so than “ours”....... "

You might rethink that one. Your wife is doing her share in the partnership. If she didn't do what she does, where would you be? Just because her "job" doesn't bring in cash, it has a tremendous worth. In our house, everything we have is ours. Machinery, crops, house and buildings, furniture, bank accounts, you name it. Not just mine or hers, but ours (excluding the blatantly obvious things like clothes, etc).

IMHO, if you do that, and let her know that you know how much her contribution makes to the partnership, and give her the due respect for her contribution, you won't be one of those statistics you mentioned.

just my 2 cents answer to what you asked, and strictly my opinion only
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)