AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Housewives - showing appreciation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

timis
Posted 1/30/2023 10:51 (#10068240)
Subject: Housewives - showing appreciation

Iowa
I want to ask a couple questions for women that are either at home all the time, or work part time. (not main or equal breadwinners)

My wife stays at home, so did my mother. I’ve heard from both, things like “never feel appreciated”, “nobody notices what I do” “hardest job I’ve ever had”. So as the husband — what things can I do to make her feel more appreciated? Reason I ask is I’ve seen 4-5 couples where the woman is mainly at home, where they have lots of kids, seemingly happy family - now they’re separated. In many cases I don’t think anybody saw it coming.

In our house as the sole breadwinner I do at times find myself probably watching money as if it’s “mine” more so than “ours” - but in our relationship I’m also the saver, wife is the impulse buyer. I think most guys would love staying at home vs working a job with a boss - and maybe that’s where some of the lack of appreciation comes from. I also 100% get the feeling of having everything you accomplished get undone — clean up a room-> kids mess it up, make a meal-> it’s eaten, now there’s dishes to clean. I think wife and I have a pretty good marriage, but wanted to see if there’s ideas on here to make her feel made appreciated. When I asked her in the past, she can’t really give me an answer - I’m really trying to give her verbal credit for everything she does, and pushing the kids (and me) to help out.

In most of the recent instances I’ve seen with a split - usually a woman starts hanging out with a “queen bee” type friend that runs their man like a puppet, then seems convinced they’re getting the short end of the stick. I’m fortunate that my wife has a group of friends who are even keeled and they can vent together but they also support the husbands. Just figured I’d throw it out there cause I’ve heard of two such breakups in the last week that I’d have never seen coming.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)