AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Partnerships and families and getting along and etc
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

plowboy
Posted 4/9/2009 20:23 (#674990)
Subject: Partnerships and families and getting along and etc

Brazilton KS

The thread below touched on this topic.  It seems like everytime that a partnership is mentioned, the next work out of someone's mouth is about how terrible it is to have to get along with someone else.  It almost seems like the conventional wisdom here is that a partnership is "bound to fail" no matter what, because it's impossible for two or more people to do business and get along. 

I do not agree with this, but I've been told so many times that it's inevitable that I'm to the point I really don't care what anyone else claims, they can believe whatever they like.  

My question, however, is why is the partnership a successful business model in most professions if failure is so inevitible?  Hundreds of thousands of lawyers, accountants, doctors, architects, engineers,   and a host of other professionals operate in partnerships.  Why can they do it and yet (supposedly) farmers cannot, often with 'family' being given as the alledged reason?  Do they not have families?  Are their families just more reasonable, or what? 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)