AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

*PLEASE HELP* A/C problems in JD 8970
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

FactoryFarmer
Posted 4/22/2009 09:01 (#689343 - in reply to #685715)
Subject: Re: *PLEASE HELP* A/C problems in JD 8970

N IL
<p>Thank you so much everyone for all of your help! We tore into it yesterday and here is what we found. </p><p>1. the guages were reading normal and there was plenty of freon. </p><p>2. The clutch on the compressor was engaging. </p><p>3. The foam filter on the right side under the dash needed to be replaced. </p><p>4. There was tons of corn husks and crap in there behind the filter which were blown out. </p><p>5. Both fans are working and turning the right direction. </p><p>6. Now here I think was our problem all along, there was a quarter-inch gap between the cab and the A/C unit! You could almost stick you finger in there since the gasket was long gone. I imagine most all of our cool air was escaping through this gap, also I think alot of hot air was comming in here as well. So we unbolted the A/C unit and tipped it away from the cab and put alot of silicone all around where it meets up with the cab, inside and out. </p><p>I'll snap a few pics today and post them tonight.</p><p> Thanks again everyone for all your help, I am glad I am a member of this forum.</p>

Edited by FactoryFarmer 4/22/2009 09:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)