AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

*PLEASE HELP* A/C problems in JD 8970
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

FactoryFarmer
Posted 4/19/2009 15:00 (#685715)
Subject: *PLEASE HELP* A/C problems in JD 8970

N IL

We have been having A/C on our 8970 since we got the tractor. It has 8000 hours on it now and about 5000 of those were put on with the A/C working part time or not at all. Enough is enough we need to do something if we are going to keep this tractor.

We have done so many things so far I can not quite remember all of them but some of the things we've done are: have went through several different compressors, has been charged many times, various switches, a new dryer two years ago, we have the compressor on manual control, have put a fan motor or two in it, and have cleaned the dirt out etc. We also took the venti things out of the cab intake for more airflow. Water vales were also installed on the hot water line for the heater to make sure that NO water could make it back up.

So, as it stands now here is what we have.

1. A perfectly functioning system with plenty of freon, everything seems to work, etc.

2. Lots of airflow, however the air is *very* hot that comes out.

3. Blows freezing cold air when sitting idling on the headlans but when you start working the cool air is non-existent.

4. And a very mad operator depending on who is running itYell

It seems that as the engine heats builds the air get hotter also, let's face it, putting that A/C unit right next to the engine was the most stupid thing Deere could have done. We are going to take all of the side panels off and see if that makes a differance.

So if ANYONE had ANY ideas I would love to hear them.

I should mention also that neighbors with 8960's and 8970's are having problems also. The guys at Deere said that the system in the smaller tractors with Deere engines is different so that would explain why I have not heard any problems with those.

Edited by FactoryFarmer 4/20/2009 09:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)