AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

All day Kindy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

McCartman
Posted 4/8/2009 16:01 (#673702 - in reply to #673539)
Subject: Re: All day Kindy

We've had a couple of our girls go to 4 yr old Kindergarten which is 3 full days/week (M-W-F) and then 5K is 5 full days, with a nap in there somewhere each day. They would come home pretty drained by the end of each week, but it seemed to work out ok. There was a big to-do around here too when they made the switch, but in this day and age, I almost think it is necessary. Kids are pushed to learn a lot more than they did when we were that age and need to get an earlier start. Our 4K was teaching our kids the stuff that was taught to me in 5K - and 5K is already teaching reading and basic math like I was taught in 1st grade. 4K is optional and I'd rather keep the kids home at that age, but I also think it eases them into the full 5K schedule a little easier. In our schools, kids need to know all primary colors, count to 20, ABC's, etc before entering 5K else they are almost labeled "slow" and they start recommending special ed for them. It's a whole different world out there than it was 25 years ago.

As for watching the little'un leave the nest for the first time - yea, it's tough to watch them get on that big ol' bus. Poor things almost need help making that first step 'cause their legs are so short. The first few days are the toughest on Mom, but soon you get to enjoying some peace and quiet. If you have four, like we do, you can't wait to get them on that bus! LOL!! So there is your answer - just gotta have more kids. :)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)