AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

All day Kindy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Wheatsurfer
Posted 4/8/2009 14:52 (#673635 - in reply to #673539)
Subject: RE: All day Kindy

As others have indicated the attitude of Mom and Dad has a lot to do with success in school. That holds true for kindergarten all the way through college. Here is how it went in our family; I was on the school board before our kids even entered school so going to school for them was going to a place that they knew Dad had helping to prepare for them. (You do not have to be on the school board to have an EFFECTIVE POSITIVE influence on your schools.) When my wife and I talked around the table about things at school we always tried to talk about the good happenings at school and kept the bad for private conversations. Our kids had full day three days per week and did fine with it. We have one in college and one working on a master degree now. Next school district down the road went to full day K every day, 4 years ago. The teachers were split about 50-50 on it but now they are about 95% in favor.

As a parent I feel that it is important to let our children mostly live in the moment of the stage of life they are in but it’s very important to spend some time preparing them for their next stage of life too. Do that well and those big transition moments like sending them to kindergarten, college etc. will go better.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)