AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Getting ripped off on a tractor purchase.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

farmerpete2400
Posted 3/26/2009 16:12 (#657611)
Subject: Getting ripped off on a tractor purchase.

West Central, IL
I would like to know some of your opinions of a situation I am in.

Last year in October I purchased a IH 806 tractor from someone 30 miles away. The tractor was deliver, and sat until December. In December, I drove my tractor to my friends shed which is about 4 miles away. On the way to my friends house I stopped the tractor and took it out of gear. When I went to put it back in gear it would only grind, I could not get it in any of the gears. I had to start the tractor in gear to get it to the shed. At absolute most I put 2 hours on the tractor, and I never pulled anything with it as long as I have owned it. I contacted the seller two times by email, and twice by phone. He never responded to the emails, but he did answer the phone. I finally gave up on him, and got the tractor repaired in February. The tractor had to have a new clutch put in, and it had to have some unexpected work done. I payed the bill yesterday.

I am wondering, should I try to contact the man again? I know that I bought the tractor as is, but I never actually used the tractor. I know that I could just put this behind me and move on, but every time I get in the tractor I will remember what happened. I don't think it is fair for me to have to pay for all of the bill. I know that this happens a lot, and there is not much I can do. I just want to know what some of you would do in my situation. I am not the oldest person in the word, and this was my first tractor. I think he kind of took advantage of the situation I was in.

What should I do?

Farmer Pete

Edited by farmerpete2400 3/26/2009 16:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)