AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grain sample test variance between elevators.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 11/24/2008 11:10 (#515392 - in reply to #515360)
Subject: Re: Grain sample test variance between elevators.

Gary, that works as long as the elevator that is testing higher is where you have a contract to fill. Then you are stuck.

A few years ago I was putting corn in a bin, had about 6,000 bu in a 10,000 bu bin. Auger broke down so I had the hired man haul two truck loads of corn to the elevator while I repaired the auger. He came back & said both loads had diplodia, 15-20%. I called the elevator & they confirmed & said if I had put any in a bin I should get it out as it would spread.

There was another elevator closer to the field that I had a contract at so decided to haul the rest of the corn from the field there to fill my contract. That elevator didn't show any dockage for diplodia, even after I asked them if there was any and explained what had happened. Manager said there was no signs of it.

I then hired a trucker to haul what I had already put in the bin to a nearby processor that is pretty particualar about such things as they produce a lot of product for use by the food industry. Again, no dockage for diplodia.

Not saying the first elevator was wrong as the diplodia was there. Not sure why the other elevator or the prcessor didn't dock for it but I didn't ask either.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)