AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grain sample test variance between elevators.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Rich
Posted 11/24/2008 04:36 (#515121)
Subject: Grain sample test variance between elevators.

Kansas
Been hauling to two different elevators. Consistantly the one has been a half point to a point dryer than the other one. I've got reserved thoughts this is not an accident and just another crooked way to steal from the farmer but I have no way to prove that I know would be scientific and stand up in a lawsuit.

Nevertheless............

1 elevator still probes by hand two times in a semi trailer and dumps the sample into a coffee can and takes it into the office to test. The other elevator has a remote control probe that sucks the grain sample out 1 time 1 spot in the trailer and it never is handled with human hands till the test is over with and it goes into the discard bucket.

Is there a real possibility that the difference in moisture could be from the way the grain sample is probed?

I have not noticed a significant diff in test weight between the two. Matter of fact, usually the same.

What do you think? Do I have a legitimate complaint or just the luck of the draw? Anyone I can call to raise a stink that would walk in and check the one elevators equipment out and see if they are being played with or completely out of calibration?

I'd be more inclined to believe that the moisture test was accurate if I had taken certain loads to a certain one at a certain time in the day when either the sun has gone down and I'm still cutting or it was a terrace channel cut out spot that was probed or a number of other variances but it's all been consistant topography and the time of day was backwards of what you'd think should of been the wetter sample.

I just don't know what to think.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)