AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

forklift
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

pudding
Posted 10/4/2008 17:17 (#474881 - in reply to #474737)
Subject: Re: forklift

Somewhereville, Earth
buy what your local forklift dealer sells and services, that way service is never far away, late model hyster, yale and sumitomo came from the same factory, just finshed different, nissan, kumatsu come from another, but a very different, tcm and mitsibushi build good machines too, better still a toyota goes real well too, if you really want to show off to the neighbours try a linde, but be warned they are very different

get one that has a first stage free lift if you can, means that the carriage will lift in the mast all the way to the top before the second and third (if fitted) start to move

this means that when operating under a high of the top of the mast, when you go up and down the second and third stage don't move early and restrict the machines lift........great for container work, loading things into vans, working under side panels of combine harvesters when removing something heavy etc, also good for stacking bales in barns with low roof high

i do work on yale, hyster and sumitomo here, they have there strengths and weeknesses, i know a lot that have over 10000hours on them, they seem to get rebuilt and rebuilt and rebuilt and painted and painted and painted, i have a customer doing over 3000hours a year on lindes in a factory, another doing 2000hours a year on yales, but to be perfectly honest, not much is rebuilt in the first 10000hours, two of my customers have 30 year old nissan electrics in factorys, they have all done up to 40000hours easy, probably had 10 new baterries each lol........and millions of electric motor brushes lol.......

only real advise, don't buy one that has been operating in a very corosive environment....

tires, pneumatic is smoother for yard work, and you don't seem to get stuck as much, for a farm, if it was my machine, i would be fitting bobcat tractor grip tires to the front, high ply rating, a local factory does that here with one machine that does all the yard work,
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)