AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

forklift
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

davpal
Posted 10/4/2008 12:01 (#474823 - in reply to #474737)
Subject: RE: forklift

Mid Michigan
At work I get spoiled on electric hard tired fortrucks with a really perfect floor to be on all day. I use the stand up ones a lot that can lift about 2000 lbs pretty safely very high in the air. Over 10 feet lots of times. The stand up electrics are so handy you cant believe it. I could use the sit downs too and they are a bit beefier. Probably 5000 lbs. The really big ones are back in maintenence and they get used to move machines that weigh over 10,000 lbs. They are Cats. The smaller sit downs are TCM and the stand ups are mostly Yale. Here at home I have a White 3000 lb capacity sit down. It is propane and I agree with the above poster that the propane runs out when you least expect it. I only have one tank too. I wouldn't trade it for the world. One of the best items I have ever brought to this place. It has air tires and can drive on gravel or a hard summer yard without getting stuck. But it will get stuck on a bananna peel if you want to! I have driven it down the road 1/4 mile to load a freezer for my cousin. It drives ok. Last night dad and myself used it to put a very heavy 3208 Cat motor with all the accessories on it back in a tractor. Did a good job for me. Around here in Michigan you can pick up a good used truck from anywhere from $1000 dollars to around $5500 for a really nice sit down with air tires. Toyota and Nissan make nice ones too. Have fun, save you back!

(00000010.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 00000010.JPG (78KB - 156 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)