AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

forklift
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Old Pokey
Posted 10/4/2008 10:33 (#474794 - in reply to #474737)
Subject: RE: forklift

Duals. For gravel work, it has to have duals, or tires like Ernies rig. We had an old hyster H-60 for a few years with duals. The rear tires on it were the same size as the front singles on our present toyota 5,000lber. The toyota is a sweet machine that will go in and out of places never throught possible in the barns. However, just when you need it on the gravel, it will let you down. That old hyster with the duals would go anywhere. Lifting above about 7' with the triple stage toyota gets really dicy when off the concrete. Works great for moving stuff low, but moving at all at any height off road is a new adventure. I wish we would have kept the old hyster around for the gravel work and the toyota for the concrete high productivity work.

We have berries and a small nursery, and we are continuously amazed just how many hours we put on the smaller equipment around here. The old hyster was propane and i hated that part with a passion. The toyota is switchable from propane to gasoline. I switched it to gas when we got it and will never go back. Diesel would be great, but I really like being able to just pull up to the farm gas tank and fill it. No more trips to the station at the worst time. (that's cause we have no other propane on the farm)

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)