AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Overseas Combines (rodaves post below)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

rodave
Posted 6/29/2008 21:35 (#406993 - in reply to #406885)
Subject: Re: Overseas Combines (rodaves post below)

Not very sure how this got into a discussion about gates and lanes, but anyhow, since I only wanted to share the specs for the combine in the pics, guess I should explain a little about farming in places other than america. I cant say much about western europe, I can only talk about what I know and have experienced. In the eastern parts of europe, there is little mechanisation, and what machinery there is is very often small. the fields are often small, usually strip planted, and so the machinery used for cultivation is small to suit 40-50 hp tractors. As someone else mentioned, transport widths are a issue in Europe, ever notice that even 6 row narrow corn heads from Europe fold? Often farmers to increase efficiency use front and rear mount implements at the same time to double field tasks. Another thing I can say is that the farmers in Europe have a much more slower pace at doing things and getting jobs completed. In eastern europe especially little to no work is done on sundays, and as well as many religious days that are observed. I wasnt aware there were many similarities between the european combines Deere makes and the US models. it would be great if all places we could roam around with 30 foot, but simply it cant happen everywhere. I just wanted to share some pics from somewhere else and to share what information I had on the machine.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)