AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Steel--true or not
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Claymore
Posted 3/17/2008 12:36 (#335900 - in reply to #335374)
Subject: Re: Steel--true or not

There are different theories on the origin of crude oil, and the one being taught in schools today is the same one that was taught to both of us years ago, and that is that oil is a non-renewable fossil fuel. After looking at the different theories myself, I think there is more evidence for the theory that the origin of oil is inorganic, and renewable. I agree that most of the easy oil has been produced, and wells eventually run dry, but there is evidence of old abandoned wells refilling, but certainly not as fast as the oil is pumped out. Most of the easy to reach and more concentrated natural resources have already been mined or drilled for, it will just be more difficult and costly to drill or mine for the resources in the future. I don't think we will run out of any natural resource for at least a few hundred years. In ND a huge new oil field in the Bakken shale formation is being developed that 25-30 years ago would not produce oil because the technology to get it to produce was not available.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)