AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Steel--true or not
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ofarmer
Posted 3/16/2008 19:57 (#335374 - in reply to #335318)
Subject: Re: Steel--true or not

Southern Tier NY
That's odd. I remember learning in school that all non-renewable natural resources would eventually reach 'peak' production, and steel was considered non-renewable. That was a looooong time ago, though, and maybe I'm not remembering correctly. Or maybe the parameters / information have changed.

Not sure either way about 'peak' oil. I can believe that natural gas continues to be produced from deep in the bowels of the earth, but crude oil? I don't know. Oil wells do slow down in production, and the 'easy' oil has all been found, for the most part. Gas wells do run out also, at least some of the shallow ones have, so who knows for sure?

I do know that all the gas exploration companies in my area (upstate NY, northern PA) are throwing money around like all forms of energy are finite. Latest numbers I've heard for a gas lease are $1500 / acre for 5 years, all paid up front, plus 15% of the royalties. Maybe other areas of the country are receiving more, but around here, that's some serious money.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)