AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Yetter spike wheel trash whippers......correct operation.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Dave F
Posted 2/27/2008 14:15 (#320910 - in reply to #320256)
Subject: RE: Yetter spike wheel trash whippers......correct operation.

Southeast MN
Rich,
First thing about yetters, they are not strong enough to be used as a rock rake. Yetters aren't designed to leave a 100% black strip, just get most of the big chunks out of the way to keep the row units from bouncing over clods. Here I like to clear the residue to help warm up the soil and end up with 10-20% residue on the surface within the row.

Mine are set about 1/4 -1/2" above the soil surface. When putting corn in sod stubble, the wheels just skim the surface. It's not unusual to look back and see only 1/3 of the yetters turning. In bean stubble, they are almost all turning every time I look back. In corn stubble the real action begins pushing stuff out of the way. Just don't want them digging in dirt. I have mine set for intersecting and the only time they plug is when a tree branch or stick will lock the teeth up (or when someone built a muskrat hut with the combine or chisel plow, you better lift the planter)

None of my experience is in wheat $tubble or with milo.....so your mileage may vary.

Give yetter a call, I've had good luck when talking to them about my setup and what I want to do.
Dave

Edited by Dave Frisch 2/27/2008 14:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)