AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Machinery, labour costs, and big farms...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

robaer1
Posted 10/6/2007 23:56 (#215537 - in reply to #215286)
Subject: RE: Machinery, labour costs, and big farms...

comming from a very small fry but came from a large fry and about all my family are in the fry business. there are alot of variables. big farms are very managment intensive and when i mean intensive i do mean intensive. when your big you pull all of your resources and relationships and knowledge and look for the edge that pays and try to be ahead of the learning curve on the best oportunities. good example on a new peice of machinery would be=did you accountant say its oky,did your tax man say its oky,did your farm forcaster that looks at other farms as well say its ok,can you turn the equipment in at the right time inorder to get the warrenty and the best trade,did you get the best deal for the mechinery aka buy right,how many acres will this machinery roll over aka whats your window for planting etc aka effeicancy aka reliable,is your assets protected aka {usa}inc and do you have outside and or, other things payed down that bring in the needed revanue example=300 acres payed for but 2000 still making payments aka looking at a cost average aka tracter right off on taxes aka did you buy land when it was $300 an acre, how many uses,prestiedg,just nice to have aka overall mico management of all resouces.

basically in my opion a big time bto is looking at the bigger picture and looking at the future that some may not see good or bad. also after you make x amount of dollars all the rest is extra why not roll the dice in a educated guess way. boils down to your betting on yourself and your capability. like someone said money is just a vehicle that gets you where you want to go whether its yours or not. after all of this said i disagree with it but i am a poor boy saving pennys for my next project when my project could be paying me along the way. but i like to control my risks aka i can walk away tommarow and know one gets hurt. but thats me DEFIANATLY NOT RECOMENDED TAKES YRS OFF YOUR LIFE AND LIFE IS SHORT. i think a balance and a good tax man is the way to go. boils down to leveraging everything you got and i don't nessessarly mean money and do you beleive in yourself to go over and over and over agin all the questions and forecasts that need to be answered. working the markets is not for the faint of heart but those who can learn from it and understand it have an edge. like i said theory is nice and i'm a cash poor.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)