AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn Hybrid labeling---companies using the same genetics.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Gary Blonde
Posted 8/21/2007 06:16 (#190655 - in reply to #190373)
Subject: Re: Corn Hybrid labeling---companies using the same genetics.

Decatur, Michigan

Fertilizerguy,

I think you may have misunderstood what I was trying to say. I believe there could be a lot of jointly owned or bred seed or seed technologies. I personally feel, that if I read the 1586 post correctly, Pioneer should co-label their specialty oil soys on the package if co-produced with Iowa State, or anyone else I also felt if I read his post correctly, that if Pioneer is dumping any genetics into Greenleaf then according to the original post any farmer has the law given right to know the pedigree so he doesn't run the risk of purchasing the same hybrid from Pioneer or Syngenta and the company that purchased genetics from Greenleaf. I wouldn't want that right but someone else may want that right more than me.

I have seen some of the early low-sat and low-lin soys in Michigan. I believe many of them came from collaboration between industry and university. I rarely see on any labeling, nor do I care if a common variety name is used for those products sold here in Michigan. Just my opinion.

Fertilizerguy, I am jealous of your plant breeding experience with ISU and Walt Fehr, some of my mentors have a lot of really cool stories about Walt's legendary breeding program and technologies that have been given to the farmers of the world.

Gary
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)