AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn Hybrid labeling---companies using the same genetics.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

seedsguy
Posted 8/21/2007 00:02 (#190606 - in reply to #190583)
Subject: RE: Corn Hybrid labeling---companies using the same genetics.

I don't believe I missed the point. I took your post as an advertisement for Pioneer. You made it sound like they were taking the high road when they are going to add to the problem. I agree with you that a grower getting the same genetics STINKS. But to be honest with you that is the problem with the seed business today is the fact that most sellers can't wait to get into the growers driveway to show him this yrs "hot" hybrids. Growers then look at all the so called third party plots as well as company plots to make decisions on what to plant next yr. The sales rep loads them up on what was great this yr and what happens they then don't do well or as well next yr because next yr is different. My point is this find someone you can trust to put together a portfolio of 5 - 6 unique different genetic families and go with it. If a grower does that then he won't have to worry about getting the same genetics from 6 different companies. That is where plots do the damage. If a seedsman knowinly does that then he should have his butt kicked and probably won't be around long. I have seen growers do the same things with Lima Grain products you mentioned but guess what he was sold on plot results vs the for the right reasons of placement in the right field, fertility, chemistry program, harvest schedule etc.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)