AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn Hybrid labeling---companies using the same genetics.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Gary Blonde
Posted 8/20/2007 09:19 (#190090 - in reply to #189956)
Subject: RE: Corn Hybrid labeling---companies using the same genetics.

Decatur, Michigan

Interesting start to a thread, are you stating that all of Duponts germ plasm is totally unique to them? Are all of the Dupont low lin varieties shown to have been developed at Iowa State and Walt Fehr on their labeling? Are there not differences among even common varieties when how head row selections are made,and the way seed is managed through out its useful life cycle? (soybeans or wheat)

How will the formation of Greenleaf change Duponts or change your outlook on this issue? As I see it Greenleaf will be a direct competitor of Holdens/Monsanto/Corn States and in order to have their clients best interest (other seed companies that now have access to elite Dupont material) at heart, they shouldn't put common labeling on seed packaging. I for one would rather work with an individual that knows and understands similarities and differences when they evaluate, select and recommend varieties/hybrids for their customers.

There are tremendous products coming out of either pipeline and I would want to have the ability to work with multiple technologies at one stop. Once again thanks for the thread you may shed a lot of light on this one!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)