AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn Hybrid labeling---companies using the same genetics.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Posted 8/20/2007 23:33 (#190583 - in reply to #190572)
Subject: RE: Corn Hybrid labeling---companies using the same genetics.

I think you missed the point. There are "Many" seed companies that buy the wholesale market for their seed. These would be hybrids produced for them by contract growers. If you do not know about this do a little research. With that you could buy corn from three different companies and get the same genetics. Most of your smaller seed companies are this way. Another example. Say for instance I like 106 to 108 day corn. You could go buy LG2540, Great Lakes 5961, and Agrigold 6395 and never realize you are buying the same corn. That STINKS!! Another example is soybeans. The Dekalb 31-51 was available from about every seed company. Becks 323 was the same for example and FS had the same number. BTW I know of growers in the past of this particular line of soybean and if the growing company had extra they put it on the wholesale market. A truck would come and pick up the beans and you never were told where they were going. This big secret of genetics must be controlled with the laws on the books. Just my opinion.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)