AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking at New Holland 688 baler.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 4/2/2011 22:51 (#1705089 - in reply to #1703672)
Subject: RE: Taking net off.........

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
We don't get as much rain as you guys do but, what I do to get net off bales is to set a week or two weeks worth of bales on end frozen side to the sun. I knock snow and ice off as much as I can when setting them to the sun. Then twine or net will come right off. I also will roll bale down road a little if needed to break net or twine loose. When cutting net off bale I lift bale about 5' off ground, cut net on lowest spot on bale, flip net up a little on each side. Then set bale down to ground, flip net over bale, pull off. Then I can unroll bale or stand it up to manger, or drop into bale feeder.

I even take net off bales to run thru bale processor. I back forks under bale, cut net on one side of bale, flip over bale. Then walk to back of tractor, run hyd. to load bale as it is lifting bale in I pull net off. It's real easy. I never have to clean net or twine off rotor.

Net is so much easier than twine, faster as well. Since going to net, never have to pick twine up off ground.

I even set ton bales off top of stacks on side to sun to melt ice off twine. It really helps. You just need to plan ahead a week or two.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)