AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking at New Holland 688 baler.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Ben
Posted 4/2/2011 09:21 (#1704092 - in reply to #1703672)
Subject: RE: Looking at New Holland 688 baler.

North Mo.
Ok every one on here has said the net is the only way too go. That is true for baling and hauling but not for feeding. If you are your own person meaning you do the baling and feeding of cattle and do not do allot of hauling you might want to think about it. It is much quicker just to unroll a bale and not worry about the net. If it is icy it is a true bitch, young man working for us had what looked like a mark on his face from a fight. I ask him what the other guy looked like he laughed said it was a piece of frozen dirt ice net that hit him in the face while taking off the wrap. There have been times I was unable to get all the wrap of the bale, so I have wrap patrol in the late spring looking for wrap. Then if you really want to get wet gloves try taking off net when it is wet. It about like sticking your hands in a bucket of water. Now haul some bales on a simi frozen day on a gravel road then the next morning try to take that wrap off it isn't fun either.
In summary yep net is great till it is fed. That said if I was going to buy a baler I would reluctantly buy the net wrap but better yet a dual system. Ben
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)