AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking at New Holland 688 baler.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

ahay68979
Posted 4/2/2011 10:29 (#1704191 - in reply to #1704105)
Subject: RE: Looking at New Holland 688 baler.

Saronville NE
I had a 780 NH dont know how they compare to a 688 but t 11k bales mine needin alot of work, pu was wore out, the dimpled roller had holes wore in every dimple, It made nice bales but wasnt built heavy nuff IMO. But if you are only gonna bale 500 bales a yr or so should last you a long time. Ive got a 568 now and wouldnt go back. I would go net, there is no other option IMO. I listen to guys complain on here bout net in winter, it isnt any worse then twine IMO, you get froze on twine that wont come off the bale when you cut twines also, with net if wrapped good, just drop the bale with the ldr up in the air then pick back up and ice will all be broke loose before you cut it off, not that hard, we grind bout 99% of our hay so no worry just dump it in the grinder and go so dont mater that much to me. I woud agree if it has bales alot of cornstalks in that 8k bales, I would pry leave it alone, they are hard on balers with all the dust and hard stalks. I bale a few a yr, but try not to bale anymore then I have to, just to hard on balers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)