AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New house construction cost
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Newguy
Posted 3/6/2011 00:00 (#1653015 - in reply to #1634889)
Subject: RE: New house construction cost

Renville Minnesota

I won't give ya a price/sq foot.....  We built 3 years ago now.   All the engineering type work was done by professionals......  I helped allot with sheetrock/mud/flooring.....  My pops is a wizzard with finished wood, and thats why I cannot help you with the finish price.

My only suggestion when building a stick house, and that you are hiring it all done, is to forget about bids..... If you live in a rural area (like I do), go with the guys you trust....... No matter what they cost.      

Our local plumber guy, the local heat guy, and the local electrician cannot be counted on to do something on time...... BUT..... When there is an emergency, they are there 24-7 till the emergency is fixed.      If you have a family (wife) that is priceless.    

I cannot say enough about our local guys...... They all have there downfalls.   There was one day I almost fired em all due to them talking behind each others backs...... They act like 2 year olds when they have to work together on a project.   But in the end, they knew the big picture and came together to get it right. 

Wife and I agree the next time we build there will be a general contractor.......... We also agree there will not be a next time!

A new house is fun and exciting........for the first half...............

Good luck!!!!!    ;^

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)