AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wives who work at off-farm or work-at-home jobs: what do you do?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

amsunshine
Posted 1/31/2011 19:42 (#1584118 - in reply to #1579717)
Subject: RE: Wives who work at off-farm or work-at-home jobs: what do you do?

Blooming where I am planted!

Hello everyone, and thank you for all the ideas and feedback.  All of the information is very helpful.  Of course this will be an adjustment for me, and KSBoy just might get additional work so that I can stay home and help him...but until then, I wanted to know what everyone else was doing. 

I think I WOULD be happy with less; however, I can't ignore the fact that we need at least one vehicle SOON, a replacement grain truck SOON, money to pay medical bills. I have had cancer so am pretty sure I am uninsurable--I had a heckuva time finding insurance on my own even BEFORE I had cancer--luckily I landed a job so didn't have to worry about that after awhile.

I am not entertaining any notions of making big money if I do not stay at this job.  I am fully aware that the only thing I might be able to find will be that $10/hour job or something making like the copy desk person does.  I am fine with that.  It surely will be fewer of the types of headaches I'm dealing with now.  I am not surprised to hear that people ask about work outside of work hours--guess I'll just have to carry a little notepad with me so I don't forget to follow up when I'm back at work, if I don't know the answer right then.

I am a dedicated worker and don't mind doing any kind of honorable work.  As my mom said, "Even if you have to clean toilets for a living, it is honorable work and there is nothing wrong with that."

I have a Master's degree (MBA) but as far as I'm concerned, it has not given me the quality of life I'm looking for in terms of personal relationships (marriage, family, friends).

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)