AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wives who work at off-farm or work-at-home jobs: what do you do?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

amsunshine
Posted 1/29/2011 15:47 (#1579886 - in reply to #1579717)
Subject: RE: Wives who work at off-farm or work-at-home jobs: what do you do?

Blooming where I am planted!

Thanks for the replies so far.  I had a bad conversation with my boss yesterday, and I was so upset afterwards that I had to call my hubby and he had to talk me down.  The sales goals I feel are unreachable, given 1) I have a hard time getting time with my boss even when I set up weekly meetings, 2) it's hard getting clear work direction from her, 3) we have to do a lot of other sales admin/by-client (for 200+ potential clients) weekly forecasting/recordkeeping/client service-type stuff that takes away significant time from selling.  This will truly feel like a 100# anvil being lifted, when I can get out.  This job is definitely NOT what I thought it would be.

What I really like doing:  1) the grocery/supermarket industry (I'm in it now, I just want to be in a DIFFERENT part of it), 2) animal hospitals - I've done everything from cleaning kennels to running blood/urine tests to assisting with procedures (spays/neuters, xrays, dentistries, anal surgeries, declaws, cesareans, etc.), 3) gardening (would love to work in a nursery in the summer), and 4) teaching --adults or kids--I like seeing or hearing the light bulb go off in their heads, and I like working 1:1 the best.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)