AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wives who work at off-farm or work-at-home jobs: what do you do?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

JDTECH
Posted 1/30/2011 13:04 (#1581308 - in reply to #1579886)
Subject: Re: Wives who work at off-farm or work-at-home jobs: what do you do?

NEMO
I haven't read all the replies, so I appologize ahead of time if I echo some of the replies. Based off of your interests, I think that you will have a great amount of opportunities to draw upon. I realize that Kansas is kind of spread out as far as towns are concerened, so I'm not sure how much commute you will have, but I would think that there are some veternary clinics in fairly close proximity where you could work a in multitude of different capacities. Schools are always looking for subsitute teachers, many move into a full time position. It seems that there is a growing need for paraprofessionals working with special needs children either 1 on 1, or in small groups. Insurance offices, Doctor's offices, small industry are aways seemingly in need of reception, data processing, payroll help. My mother was a full time mom while my dad worked a town job and farmed. The farm grew and Dad went to full time farming when before I got to my teens. When I was in high school, Mom got hired on at the county ASCS office (Now called FSA, I believe) due to the necessity of supplemental income as well as health insurance as the farm was struggling. It turned into a 25 year carrer. She has a really great boss who is very liberal about allowing employees off when needed. Dawn, with your experience, there is no doubt in my mind that you will find many opportunities. Just keep looking untill you find something that fits your needs and fullfills your goals. Good luck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)