AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Getting ready to build new house. Any suggestions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

MMiller
Posted 7/25/2010 18:10 (#1287930 - in reply to #1285796)
Subject: Re: Getting ready to build new house. Any suggestions

SW Iowa
I guess I don't see why the modular I live in is any different then a stick built home. They happened to build it in a large building, none of the lumber got wet, and then brought it on trailers to put on our foundation. There is no trailer axles in my basement, and I have 2x6 walls, and a nice house.......I sure would not have the patience to put up with all the contractors to totally build a stick house.......

I used Insulated Concrete Forms for our basement, and would do it again. My basement is 9' walls, so I can still put a drop ceiling in around the duct work and have an 8'+ ceiling. I agree with the garage statements, mine is a 30x30 and I can put two full size vehicles in it, and get around, even work on them. I prefer attatched, it is way nice when its 0* outside, hauling in grocerys, babies, and everything else. I have Geo with 3 wells, and love it. Last month our total electric bill was $135 with A/C on, and 3 kids, computers, TVs and lights on all the time. We haven't used 500 gallons of LP yet in the 2 years we lived here, cooking and drying all our clothes. With the rebates from the electric company, and other programs our Geo only cost $1500 more then a new lp furnace, and a/c unit. I think thats a win-win situation.

Michael
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)