AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

church hoppers?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

hiredman
Posted 7/9/2010 12:08 (#1266479 - in reply to #1266121)
Subject: RE: church hoppers?

Silver Lake, Minnesota
We see a lot of hopping in our area and I think its just fine. I think the church is supposed to be the body of Christ in the world not a clique who meets at a nice building on the corner.

One of the major downfalls to organized religion is the absolute commitment to the building and the people in it, and not to the greater cause of the Lords Kingdom. The early church was made up of people gathering in one another's homes and where ever was convenient. We ought to get back to that model of worship and I feel the spirits work would actually be accomplished.

I say follow the Spirit on this one (and every decision for that matter). Its not about where you worship, but about how much of your heart you invest while doing it. If the current place your at holds you back from fully worshiping and giving God All the glory he deserves, then I see it as the signal to find a place that allows you to do that.

Im not throwing the church under the bus here, because like other posters have said there are critical elements the church provides, but if your needs arent being met.....find a place that does meet them. Dont ever leave the church or think that you can worship just as well sitting at home on the Sabbath watching Adrian Rogers or James Kennedy, because thats not the Lords will for his people. We are called to gather in brotherly fellowship to be with one another. Churches are to be hospitals for sinners and if your not being "cured" (for no better lack of terms) then find one who can treat you as needed.

In all humbleness,

hiredman

Edited by hiredman 7/9/2010 12:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)