AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

church hoppers?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Rasputin
Posted 7/9/2010 06:48 (#1266150 - in reply to #1266121)
Subject: RE: church hoppers?

Much of what church is about is fellowship with other believers. I definitely respect and admire your recognition that church is not a buffet, Iwent through this a couple of years ago, left my parents church over their legalisms, went to another one for 4 years, really nice people but I met a nice young lady and started thinking "No, I wouldn't want to raise a family in this church." So I found somewhere I was happy with.

Just think long and hard, struggle with it, write a list of pros and cons, discuss with family, make sure you are switching for the right reasons. I think issues with fellowship are definitely important enough. Nothing wrong with changing churches, there is something wrong when you do it flippantly. But then, I'm preaching to the choir right? :)
Um, this of course is a deeply personal issue, so hesitant to say anything. But ... don't count on your kids voluntarily going to church if you switch. Are they under 18? If so, they are your responsibility. Same way as you send them to school whether they like to go or not because you know it is for their good ....

I hope you can find a solution that allows you to both be a blessing and be blessed.
Stu
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)