AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

church hoppers?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Edairy
Posted 7/9/2010 05:46 (#1266121)
Subject: church hoppers?

In 2001 my wife and I joined a church because we loved the contemporary service and the pastor and his family.The service was doing well until a fire gutted Wesley Hall. The service moved to the sanctuary and never recovered. The powers that be decided to abandon the service and go to a blended service. Although it started well , traditional has emerged dominant.

The laity average is 70 yrs. old. I am 59. No one there my age. Most are retired, business/ professional people. Many seminary profs from the local seminary attend. I have tried to connect, but it has been hard. Although people are friendly, sometimes I think we are looked down apon.

thinking about another church that has a quality contemp service. In 2000 two dying churches joined together to form Faith UMC. THe pastor is a former farmer. They have built a new building across from high/middle/elementary school, and have after school program. I was told most people their are in their 30's, and that is OK with us. Maybe we could get my kids in church

Should we visit Faith and check this out, or stick with our committment to support this church?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)