AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Eyeglasses, again
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ernie
Posted 1/11/2010 20:33 (#1017542 - in reply to #1016634)
Subject: Dr wanted me to try them

North End I-15
No way , I made him do what I wanted . I'm happy with my lined trifocals
Don't need distance vision glasses but wanted "the one size fits all occasions " glasses . Mine darken when going out side . a bit slow to lighten up . So .... I wear dime store glasses most the time . The Ben Franklin half frame type.

Have a pair for for reading , computer work , closeup shop inspection work , etc. Powers range from 1.25 for computer to 3.0 for inspection /close up work . I had lens implants when I had the cataracts removed . implants are for distance viewing . Now one can have bifocal lens implants . My Aunt had that done @ age 90 and is very happy with them . My Dr. didn't do that type @ the time.

Wife has had unlined bifocals , several , hates them all .

She had both eyes done with bifocal implants when she had her cataracts removed. Still not able to see well . Just back from surgeon check up last Friday and he said to buy glasses . :<(

So I guess it depends on person , eye correction , astigmatism , so forth as to how successful the implants are .

I like my lined glasses . They are aviator B & L frames . Have wore that style glass since I was 15 .

I burned my eyes welding very badly and it was weeks before I could see with out pain .
Still very sensitive to bright light . Always wear sunglasses while driving ,or working out side . Winter is the worst
for sun glare .
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)