AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Let’s go Hawkeyes.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Clay SEIA
Posted 4/6/2024 23:39 (#10697055 - in reply to #10696742)
Subject: RE: Let’s go Hawkeyes.

illinidirtfarmer - 4/6/2024 19:07 Almost every call made by a ref is a “subjective call”. The refs suck period, but if they called the games the way they were called 30 years ago the game would take 4 hours and every player would be fouled out by halftime. /QUOTE]

So, I'm curious, and I don't have the answer to these questions, and I suspect the answer is somewhat impossible...  I haven't been to any of these recent games, but at one point (early 2000s) I had a relationship with a girl who played DII, so I do have some bleacher time watching women's college basketball that was pretty good and with somebody that I talked to every day then.

Do the refs suck?   Are they really calling the game differently that 30 years ago?    

Or, in 1994, did nobody have 65" HD TVs, was there no immediate hi-def playback from nearly so many angles, was there not dozens of photographers at a game with DSLR cameras who had the ability to load excellent still photos to the internet on the same night, and the ability for all of this to be spread worldwide in the blink of an eye?   Heck what about the atrocious quality of cameras and TVs in 1974, or 1954?    

Is this supposedly subjective and controversial call simply a thing that happened because it happened at a distance and angle where it was blatantly obvious to the ref in question, but would not have been like other similar plays that happened in the same game (or in 1954) that the refs just did not have such a view of to make a split-second call?

Or coulda-shoulda-woulda- If Clark had simply been a more typical 2-6 from deep in the first half instead of 0-6, the halftime score would have been tied and the fourth quarter never in doubt.

Or would it?   We don't know what different things would have been said and different adjustments made in the locker rooms with a different score at the half and a different vibe going on.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)